Have you ever wonder about using Discord on PS4. We can’t deny the fact of the benefits of Discord. We all know that Discord has become one of the popular VoIP platforms that offer unlimited features. You can chat with your friends and families with the help of Discord. And if you own a server, you just need a moderator because the task of a moderator is extremely time-consuming.
And for that, you can use Moderator Bots like Carl Bot, Dyno Bot, Mee6 Bot. But that’s not sufficient to make a discord server filled with fun and engagement and that’s the reason you need something that can engage your community with their active participation.
So, you can try some music bots like Rhythm Bot and Groovy Bot that will help your community to take active participation in enjoying their favourite songs. And if that’s not sufficient, you can try the Best Bot that will definitely gonna make your community fun. For that you can try Dank Memer Bot has several features like Playing games, chatting with memes, trading currency, etc. This bot will surely make your community engaged.
Now, returning to the topic of Discord on PS4.
You might be wondering, is Discord in PS4? Can you get Discord on PS4? Can you use discord on PS4?
Well, the answer to all these questions is yes, You can use PS4 in a Discord.
But, wait, you cannot just install Discord on your PS4, but there is a trick by which you can connect your Discord account to PlayStation4.
Yes, you heard it right! You can just simply sign in with a discord account on PS4. But for that, you need some equipment that will help you to set up discord on PS4.
Let’s discuss the discord setup on PlayStation4.
Equipment needed for setting up Discord on PS4
As we have already mentioned that you need certain types of equipment that will help you to get discord on PS4. I know, that cost a little but if you are a true gamer and really want to enjoy Discord on PS4 for playing games. But it will be worth it.
- First of all, you need a Headset that supports a USB connection and must have an optical cable. For example, you can use, A40 TR Headset or pair of V-Moda Crossfades Headset.
- You’ll also need Astro TXD Mixamp or something similar to mixamp that will help you to switch audio between PS4 and PC.
- A 3.5mm audio jack cable
Now, just arranged for all this equipment and then you are ready to go.
How to set up Discord on PS4
For getting discord on PlayStation4, you have to follow some steps mentioned below and if you carefully follow the step you will definitely gonna end up using discord on PS4.
- The first step is to connect optical cables between your PS4 and Mixamp.
- Then go to PS4 setting > sound and screen > Audio Output setting and change the Primary Output Port to Digital Output.
- Now plug in one end of the USB to the base station and the other end to the PC. Make sure that the base station is in PC mode.
- Then Boot up your Discord on your PC and then change the input device to mixamp in voice settings.
- Now, use a 3.5mm audio jack and run it from your PC speaker.
- Now, go back to the setting of Discord voice and change the output device to your PC speaker.
That’s it, with the help of the above steps you can easily use discord on PlayStation 4. And if you find any difficulty with Discord voice and Screen, you can also check out our post on How to Discord screen and Audio not working issue.
So here is an interesting fact you can also connect discord for Party chat on PlayStation.
Now, you might be wondering what it is and how you can join a PS4 party chat on discord.
Let’s discuss it.
What is a PlayStation Party Chat
PlayStation Party Chat is another feature that is developed to have voice chat in PS (PlayStation) with other friends. And this feature can be used while playing games on PlayStation. You can also share your screen with other players as well.
Now, here is the trick to join a PS4 party chat on PC.
- Download the PS4 Remote Play software on your PC.
- Log in with your PS account on that application.
- Turn on your PS4 and connect to the party chat option on your PC.
- And now run the Remote Play software in the background and enjoy the Playstation party chat option on your PC.
PlayStation has recently announced a statement in which they have stated that they are going to start a partnership with Discord. But for now, this trick will help you to use Discord on PlayStation4.
With this guide, you can easily play games on PS4 and use discord at the same time. Now you have learned this method. So, just enjoy this feature to use Discord on PlayStation4.
As of now, Discord is not officially available for PlayStation4 but sooner or later they are gonna start their partnership and after that, you will be able to use Discord in PlayStation4. Though the steps are a bit hard and you also need to spend some bucks on buying this equipment but that’s definitely gonna be worth it if you love to use Discord.
You can also lookup the 25+ Best Funny TTS sound for Discord that will make your conversation spicy. And if you want to access early features of Discord you can also try Discord Canary, which is an alpha version of the Official Stable version.
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is there Discord on PS4?
Ans: Officially, it is not but you can use Discord on PS4 by using the above method.
2. Can you screen share PS4 on discord?
Ans: Yes, you can share the screen of the PS4 on Discord.
3. Can I join a PS4 party on PC?
Ans: Yes, you can join PS4 Party chat on PC with the help of PS4 Remote Play.
4. Is there any way to join PlayStation Party Chat on PC?
Ans: Yes, you can join Playstation Party Chat on PC with PS4 Remote Play.
5. Can you Download Discord on PS4?
Ans: No, you cannot download Discord on PS4 but you can link your Discord account from PS4.